Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bad bad blogger-


I know I know, I have been MIA way to long. School starting, along with cars breaking down, and illness haven't left much room for crafting or bargain shopping.
However, today I wanted to bring you something a little different. I have started coupon shopping! I have gotten some great deals so far, but still felt I was missing out on a lot because I was less than organized.
So I sat down today and organized. I moved my coupons from the small 1" binder to a much larger, and much easier to navigate 2" (maybe 2.5") While I was doing that I tossed the expired coupons, and opened up my spreadsheet maker. I made a spreadsheet of all my coupons, broke down by category, making sure to include the expiration date. The number in parenthesis is the number of identical coupons I have.
Hopefully, this will make it much easier for me when I read about a great deal on one of the many blogs I follow, I can just scan the spreadsheet to see if I have the coupon in question, same for going through weekly ads.

In addition I added a spiral notebook to the front of my coupon binder to jot down great deals I read about, grocery lists etc. So we'll see how well being this organized works for me. I'll be making a shopping trip Friday, so if I do exceptionally well, I'll be sure to post it here. Once I get batteries for the camera I'll post pics of my binder. For now, here's a small glimpse at my coupon data base. Ignore all the typos and misspelled words- I decided not to be a perfectionist about it, if I know what I'm referring to, then that's what matters. :) Oh, and you can click it to make it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment