Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The table that keeps me up at night...

Ok so not really, but it made for a good post. But the truth is I have gone back and forth on what to do with this table so many times its insane. The back story on this table is this: Several years ago we helped a neighbor move out of her house, she was going to leave this table on the curb for the trash men, and I rescued it. Its been the envy of many people who have entered my home. I honestly do love the table, its solid wood, and just beautiful.
But with its dark color, its outgrowing the decor of my home. Its current location is in a corner of my living room, and I have thought about it, but I really don't have another room in the house to put it in. I have thought about painting it white, and changing the hardware, but I don't know if that would take away from the integrity of the table. I have thought about selling it, or giving it to one of the many people who have admired it over the years, but I don't know that I can stand to part with it. So it sits, as the rest of the room changes around it, to lighter and brighter- it will remain the same....for now. Until I can finally come up with a solution that I can live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment